Since 2006, my loving nod to Merlin Mann's 5ives
A member of the Deep Mustard
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
5 Great Technotronic Tunes (and no 'Pump Up The Jam', either!)
- Come Back
- Take It Slow
- This Beat Is Technotronic
Friday, April 20, 2007
5 Things I'd Rather Be Doing Right (Other Than Working)
- Eating pizza. Really good pizza.
- Finishing those plastic models I started in 4th grade.
- Solving the mystery of who shot out the rear window in my parent's Buick station wagon on the way home from my birthday party on the Intrepid.
- Finding out who greenlighted the Geico caveman TV show.
- Cataloging the total variety of marshmallow shapes in a box of Lucky Charms over the years.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
5 Things Staring At Me In The Fridge When I Open It
- Half-used bottle of "Newman's Own" salad dressing.
- Leftover glaze from Easter ham.
- Bottle of Snapple Iced Tea.
- Bottled lemon juice.
- Package of strawberries.
Friday, April 13, 2007
5 Things Wrong With My Car
- Roof leaks when it rains (stupid convertibles!).
- Radio cuts to static when running longer than 30 minutes.
- Front windshield is full of imperfections. Impossible to see in direct sun glare.
- When washing the windshield, only 1 of 4 nozzles work.
- Driver and passenger windows roll down, don't roll back up.
5 Operating Systems I've Used
- Mac OS X
- Windows XP
- Palm OS
- Newton OS
5 So-Called 'Popular' Shows On TV I've Never Watched
- "The Sopranos"
- "The View"
- "Attack Of The Show"
- "Star Trek"
- "Desperate Housewives"
Tuesday, April 03, 2007
5 Things That Suck About Your Birthday As A Grownup
- Birthday punches.
- When you're dining out, and suddenly a phalanx of staff comes around the corner carrying a cake with WAY too many candles and some sort of birthday sombrero.
- When kids ask, "How old are you?" -- and when I tell them, yell, "Ooh, that's old!"
- The sad realization that you really can't hold a cool backyard party with all of your friends, and still have your mom clean up afterwards like you used to.
- No more piñatas.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]