Since 2006, my loving nod to Merlin Mann's 5ives
A member of the Deep Mustard
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
5 Nick Jr. Shows That I Miss Watching Now That We're "Too Old For Nick Jr."
- Little Bill
- Bob The Builder
- Blue's Clues
- Dora the Explorer
5 Great Sandwiches From Big Chains
- Cosi's Tandoori Chicken
- Quiznos Black Angus Sub
- McDonald's Big Mac (I hate the place, but oh what a sandwich!)
- Subway Turkey Sub (with the southwest sauce, all the veggies, hold the olives)
- D'Angelo Number 9 Sub
5 Things I've Eaten At My Favorite Sushi Place
- California Roll (ha! you knew that was coming)
- Dragon Roll
- Spicy Tuna Tartar
- Farmington Roll
- Spicy Tuna Hand Roll
Sunday, May 20, 2007
5 Women On TV I Was Attracted To (Pre-Puberty)
- Wonder Woman
- Charlie's Angels (I preferred Kate Jackson, myself)
- The Bionic Woman
- "Maria" from Sesame Street
- "Joanie" from Happy Days
5 Hairstyles I've Had In My Life
- The mullet
- Nothing but skin
- High and tight
- Circa 1970s hip and free
- The salad bowl
5 Smelly Things That Remind Me Of My Childhood
- The Sunday paper.
- A wet dog.
- Sanford Mr. Sketch Scented Markers
Monday, May 14, 2007
5 Things Said By Co-Ed's Before They're Killed In A Horror Movie
- "Let's do it right here in the graveyard -- no one's gonna see us..."
- "Car won't start -- I'm gonna start walking to that gas station up the road..."
- "Take off that mask so I can see you..."
- "Where is everybody? Oh well, I guess I'll take a shower then..."
- "C'mon girls, lets hit the showers..."
Friday, May 11, 2007
5 Things I Bet Were Invented By Mistake
- The boomerang.
- The rain stick.
- The hammer.
- Dental floss.
5 (Even More) Things I Bet You Didn't Know About Me
- I found the (then new) 25th Anniversary Issue of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue (with Kathy Ireland on the cover) on the way home from church. Yeah, I took it home. That can't be good for my soul.
- I played the trumpet and the cello as a kid.
- My parents were both music teachers, when I told them I wanted to play drums, they wouldn't have it. That was the end of that :(
- Sat on a yellowjacket once as a kid and it stung my butt.
- First hip-hop song I heard ever: "Roxanne Roxanne" by UTFO at United Skates of America. All the kids in school afterwards went around asking, "Did you take her to the beach?" the rest of the school year. It was cool.
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
5 Things That Disgust Me About Eating At McDonald's
- Mayo on everything.
- Lettuce rustier than an old Dodge Dart.
- Everything tastes fried, including my Coke.
- Blank stares from the counter help when I ask, "Is that fresh?"
- Looking at the employees on their lunch breaks and seeing that they're eating from a different restaurant.
5 More Ways To Leave Your Lover (That Paul Simon Didn't Use)
- Take the Amtrak, Zach
- Go teleport, Mort
- Take a Segway, Jay
- Call your attorney, Bernie
- Come home with a man, Dan
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]