Since 2006, my loving nod to Merlin Mann's 5ives
A member of the Deep Mustard
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
5 Things The "My Buddy" Doll Would Do If He Was A *Real* Buddy
- Spot you $10 at the bar when you were short.
- Be your wingman when trying to pick up girls.
- Donate a kidney to you, since you both had the same blood type.
- Provide a solid alibi, in case the cops were asking.
- When you broke up with your girlfriend, tell you how much of a bitch she was, and how much better off you were without her.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
5 Things That Let You Know The Relationship Is Over
- A swift kick in the groin.
- The holiday gifts go from "jewelry" to "ring pop".
- She tells you on Facebook.
- 'Your song' goes from Etta James' "At Last" to Greg Kihn's "The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em)"
- There's a garage sale going on outside your house, but it's just your stuff, and it's all free.
5 Songs That Can Be Heard At Timeout During An NBA Game
- Salt N' Pepa - "Push It"
- Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock - "It Takes Two"
- Gary Glitter - "Rock N Roll (Part 2)"
- Tag Team - "Whoomp! There It Is"
- Village People - "YMCA"
Sunday, July 06, 2008
5 Rejected References From The Beastie Boys' "Paul's Boutique"
- "Got more rhymes than Fran's got Drescher"
- "Got more flavor than a communion wafer"
- "More funky than Barry White's underarm"
- "The girl was hotter than Patrick Ewing's jockstrap"
- "Serve you on a platter like Kraft food dinner"
5 Things That I Hate About Facebook
- The people you want to connect with aren't using Facebook, and the folks you want to avoid are.
- Poking somebody isn't as cool as the name suggests.
- No, I do not wish to play Scrabulous -- stop asking me!
- It's just like a High School reunion (where everybody around you seems to be living a better life than you, is skinnier than you, and drives a better car than you), except you're not having to wait 10/15/20 years to have that rubbed in your face.
- No, really -- stop asking me to play Scrabulous! It's getting annoying!
5 Things I Love About My iPod Shuffle (even though they all start with 'No')
- No getting distracting with what song to listen to -- it's 1 playlist, and it's shuffling, period.
- No getting involved with rating my songs while playing -- there's no way to rate the songs.
- No worries about having album art -- there's no display anyway.
- No display means better battery life, can play it for 3 hours of commuting as well as 8 hours of work without breaking a sweat.
- No shiny mirror back to scratch -- I just clip it to my shirt and take it with me.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]