Since 2006, my loving nod to Merlin Mann's 5ives
A member of the Deep Mustard
Sunday, January 20, 2008
5 Things I Miss About Living On Long Island
- 7 really good Italian bakeries and 12 really good pizzerias around every corner.
- The roads are simpler: east/west or north/south.
- The LIRR beats Metro-North, hands down.
- Going to All-American for burgers.
- Going to the Dairy Barn for milk and not having to get out of the car.
Monday, January 14, 2008
5 Places I've Slept In At Least One Night
- Tampa, FL
- Richmond, VA
- Bowie, MD
- Chapel Hill, NC
- Buffalo, NY
5 Things I Did On My Snow Day Today
- Made French Toast for breakfast.
- Dug out 2 cars from the snow.
- Helped my son with his school project.
- Brewed some fresh mint iced tea.
- Watched a documentary on the history of the Golden Gate Bridge.
5 Songs In Heavy Rotation
- The Beatles "The End" (still!)
- AC/DC "Let Me Put My Love Into You"
- Julie London "Warm December"
- U2 "Beautiful Day"
- DJ Jazzy Jeff "The Garden (feat. Big Daddy Kane)"
Sunday, January 06, 2008
5 Things I Think About While Watching Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve
- Okay, a million-zillion people -- where are the bathrooms?
- These people can't be native New Yorkers, right? I mean -- who spends 5 hours in the cold to count down from 10?
- It must take hours to get home from Times Square after midnight. Do you just say, "Screw it" and stay up?
- Really, where are the bathrooms? Do they just go where they're standing or do they all wear astronaut diapers?
- What does Dick Clark do the other 364 days of the year?
5 Truths I've Learned About The Holiday Season
- The older you get, the less you like Egg Nog.
- Always an argument over where to spend Thanksgiving vs. Christmas.
- No matter how many gifts you buy, no matter how early you start your shopping, you'll always be one short at Christmas Eve.
- The last newest classic Christmas song was from Band-Aid... and that was in 1984.
- No matter how you try, Festivus will never become a real holiday. It's just a gag from a TV show, get over it.
5 Places I'd Love To Visit (But Not Live)
- San Francisco, CA.
- New York, NY.
- Seattle, WA.
- Honolulu, HI.
- Miami, FL.
5 Things I Did This Morning (before 8 am)
- Washed the dishes.
- Fed the cats.
- Loaded some ringtones onto my Treo.
- Started prepping for breakfast.
- Took my meds.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]